How ActiveCampaign Works
Imagine that you are running a business. For example, you are selling shoes and clothing items to people. How do you make sure that people know about your business? In fact, you should take this question very seriously. Do you know why? Because it doesn’t matter whether you are producing the best shoes. Nobody buys from you when they don’t know about your brand and products.
So, let me ask my question again. How would you let your potential customers know that your brand exists? Thanks to the invention of new technologies, you can do this easily on the internet. You have hundreds of ways to get publicity and compete with your competitors. Social networking websites, websites, ads, landing pages, etc., are some of these ways.
However, which one of these methods maximizes your profit? Which one makes you sure of its reliability and swiftness? Well, yes! The answer is Email Marketing! It has been responsible for transforming thousands of businesses and make their manager happy and rich. So, what is so good about email marketing?
And, why is it so popular as one of the main pillars of internet marketing? And, above all, after accepting that email marketing could revolutionize your brand, who can you ask to apply email marketing in your business? If you want to know the answers to these questions, I suggest you keep reading this blog post. We are going to introduce ActiveCampaign as one of the biggest email marketing providers on the internet.
What Is Email Marketing?
That is perhaps one of the easiest questions you have encountered, haven’t you? Email marketing is basically the act of sending commercial emails. Where can you get people's emails? When you set up a website, you can ask your visitors to leave their email to get your newsletter and product updates.
There are other ways to get people's email as well. For example, when somebody comes to your website and wants to ask a question through live chat. The first thing you ask for is their email address. There are several types of email marketing platforms available on the internet that you can use to maximize your profits.
Different Types Of Email Marketing
There are basically nine types of email marketing. They include
- welcome marketing,
- email newsletters,
- dedicated emails,
- lead nurturing emails,
- sponsorship emails,
- transactional emails,
- re-engagement emails,
- brand story emails, and finally
- review request emails.
Now, let's review some of them very quickly.
Sometimes, people don’t want to get constantly interrupted by thousands of new products. Very often, people need to be treated as human beings. A nice touch will be to send a welcome email and give a nice impression of your business. The advantages of these emails are boosting partnership and metrics.
You can use email newsletters when you want to educate customers and let them know about your business. They will receive brand awareness with them. Also, you can repurpose your content. The content that you can use in email newsletters is very diverse too.
Dedicated emails are similar to landing pages. Why? Because the contents are mainly about one offer. For example, you want to introduce a new product from your brand and encourage others to buy it. So, dedicated emails must have a call-to-action bottom line too. The biggest advantages of dedicated emails are focusing only on the call-to-action part of the email, building very easily, and analyzing the results quickly. However, their consistency is weak with not very homogenous content.
This is another important type of email marketing. For example, people visit your website and take some action on it. Then, they might be interested in your products or services and leave a comment or ask a question. Now, it is time for you to use this opportunity to send something back. A nice email introducing your brand or explaining your business attracts customers to you.
Review Request Emails
This type of email marketing is beneficial for getting visibility. For example, you know that many people have bought your products, and you have a list of their email addresses. You can choose several of them who are very happy with your products and ask them to write a review for you. They can mention all the pros of the products.
The Benefits Of Email Marketing?
There are many advantages associated with email marketing. Here is a shortlist of them:
Creating Personalized Content
You can easily send your message to the right people and stop wasting bulk email marketing with email marketing. You can have several segments. Each segment contains visitors with different interests. Also, you have some basic information about people in each segment. For example, if you want to advertise a product for women, you need to send it to women. In a way, you are personalizing your email's content.
Collecting Feedback And Surveys
You can get all the feedback from your customers through email marketing. Sending satisfaction surveys and customer feedback are two ways of understanding what your customers think of you.
Let me give you some statistics. Email marketing has shown to be extremely helpful in boosting your ROI. A study suggests that nearly two-thirds of marketers believe in ROI. Another interesting statistic is that applying segmented campaigns leads to a 760% growth in revenue reported by many marketers.
Communicating With Your Audience
You might sell some products just during the summer or any specific time of the year. It means that you are going to lose connection with your potential customers. Email marketing can keep up this nice relationship. When you have no sales or don’t work, you can send an email just to let your customers know that you haven’t forgotten about them.
- Generating traffic to your site,
- sending campaigns,
- generating leads,
- communicating with the most relevant people at the right time,
- creating efficient campaigns,
- giving more attention to your potential customers,
and many more are some other benefits of email marketing.
Let's start with some basic information about ActiveCampaign.
- ActiveCampaign was established as a cloud software platform in 2003 by Jason VandeBoom.
- Their area of expertise is email marketing and marketing automation. By combining the two, businesses get customer experience automation (CXA).
- What is marketing automation? And more importantly,
- What is customer experience automation?
- ActiveCampaign is a marketing automation platform.
- It means that ActiveCampaign is based on software whose task is to boost the efficiency of online marketing.
- It lets businesses advertise themselves through several online platforms such as email, social media, websites, and many more.
- Also, this software platform automates repetitive tasks.
- What about customer experience automation?
- Let me give you an example. Imagine that you enter a website and get interested in their products. Now, you want to use Live chat and ask them some questions.
- Now, maybe, the human administrator is not online right now, and you might not get any answer right away.
- There is a solution for that. CXA is basically an automated support agent to keep you, as a customer, busy until the human agent gets online.
- This automated agent might ask for your phone number or email. Or, it might give you some basic information, and you can find your answers in it.
- They produce a revenue of 165 million dollars in 2021.
- Currently, they have nearly a thousand employees.
ActiveCampaign solutions are designed to provide professional customer experience automation. These services are divided into two categories, including by product and by industry.
The By Product Category
Let's start with the by-product category. For example, under the customer experience automation services-by product, you will get some services, including
- Email marketing,
- Marketing automation, and
- CRM & Sales automation.
Before going any further, we need to know what CRM & Sales automation is. Let me put it this way. There are many routine tasks in the sales departments in all businesses. Isn't it great if you have software handling these tasks? In this way, you can free your employees up and let them engage in something more meaningful. That's sales automation.
The By Industry Category
Depending on your business type, you can get benefit from ActiveCampaign differently. Industries that can get benefits from ActiveCampaign are those in the following fields:
- Blogger & influencer,
- Travel & Hospitality,
- Real Estate,
- Fitness & Nutrition,
- Small business,
- Entertainment & Events.
The ActiveCampaign Platform
There are several features associated with the ActiveCampaign platform. They include
- Machine learning,
- Services & Migration,
- Mobile Apps, and
- Tools & Templates.
Each of them can help you with your business in a specific way. Let me explain one or two of them.
Services And Migration
Imagine that a provider is handling your online marketing, and now you decide to migrate to ActiveCampaign. Don’t worry! ActiveCampaign makes it easier for you to migrate and keep all your information intact and safe. Your lists, contacts, custom filed, and tags can be migrated. Also, opt-in forms, email templates, and your automation workflow are all going to be recreated by ActiveCampaign itself.
This is another good feature of ActiveCampaign. Let me ask you these questions.
- Do you know how many percentages of your visitors really buy something from you? What about this one.
- When should you send emails to get the best result? If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might be in serious trouble.
Machine learning removes such a problem. It comes with some analysis and shows you how to maximize the efficiency of your business while communicating with customers.
There are four plans available on ActiveCampaign. They include
- Lite – Cost: $9.00 per month
- Plus – Cost: $49.00 per month
- Professional – Cost: $129.00 per month
- Enterprise – Cost: $229.00 per month
The Professional plan is the most popular one. Depending on your business type, you will receive different features. There are different features for B2C, B2B, and E-commerce businesses.
What about other options? Are there any other platforms out there? Yes, there are:
- Agile CRM,
- HubSpot Marketing Hub,
- Mailchimp All-in-one marketing platform,
- Pardot, and
- Freshworks CRM
are some of the most popular and famous platforms on the internet. For example, compared with ActiveCampaign, SharpSpring offers better support and user interface. Or, the Act-on platform is slower and more expensive than ActiveCampaign. The same is true with HubSpot Marketing Hub. GetResponse is a bit more expensive than ActiveCampaign and is used for marketing automation, Live chat, and landing page builders. But, in the end, it depends on your budget, use, and many other factors.
ActiveCampaign Pros And Cons
There are many reviews on trustradius.com. People have expressed their good and bad experiences. Let's start with two of them.
- One of the reviews is from Ryan Schullo, who works in the field of marketing. He is pleased with ActiveCampaign. Professional forms, targeting specific lists with email, segmenting lists of emails, and integrating very well with Zapier are some of the benefits of ActiveCampaign.
Another review comes from
- Suzie Flynn is a mindset & business coach. She is also very excited about ActiveCampaign. Tracking your leads and revenue per customer, professional automation feature, and creating a newsletter using the blocks are some of the strong points of ActiveCampaign.
Also, in another review,
- Renan Kabariti, a founder, believes that mail marketing, marketing automation, and CRM are the best features of ActiveCampaign. On the other hand, he says the platform is not completely user-friendly with contact search limitations. Also, visual reports are lacking.
Online marketing is essential to all businesses out there. It helps you get publicity and generate revenue. There are many ways to apply online marketing. Social networking websites, websites, and other tools can help you increase your brand awareness and boost your sales.
ActiveCampaign is one of the biggest platforms that assist you with your online marketing strategies. In particular, email marketing and marketing automation combine and yield a better result for you.
In this review, we first explain what email marketing and automation marketing are and then introduce ActiveCampaign and some of its competitors. Finally, we mentioned three reviews from ActiveCampaign users.
I trust you enjoyed this article about this How ActiveCampaign Works. Would you mind staying tuned for more articles to come? Take care!
Your Opinion Is Important To Me
I would love to hear from you. Please leave me your questions, experiences, remarks, and/or suggestions about this article on the How ActiveCampaign Works in the comments section below. You can also reach me by email at Jeannette@WorkFromAnywhereInTheWorld.com.
You might also enjoy these blog posts:
You might also want to check out my personal product recommendations.