Top Tips For Amazing Social Media Videos
Today, social media videos continue to push boundaries, with 86% of online advertisers using these in their marketing efforts. On one hand, this trend helps consumers gain an understanding of the brand’s products and services. On the other, it helps businesses increase traffic on their social accounts, grow their following, and upsurge their sales.
Videos also improve social engagement as they create trust and connections between brands and customers, develop brand loyalty, improve lead generation, and stimulate relevant conversations.
According to Statista, the global revenue forecast for social media platforms in 2019 is estimated to be $39 billion. Businesses have already started to pick up on this and many of them are using social media platforms to their advantage — and guess what? One of the best ways to promote your content on social media channels is through the social media video format.
Ever since social platforms became filled with promotional content and advertising, it’s gotten even more challenging to reach and connect with your audience. However, videos are there to make it significantly easier. Videos are mobile-friendly, easier to consume, and generally bring about more results relative to other options on social media.
What Is A Social Media Video?
Social media video is an excellent tool to engage and entice audiences to learn about your brand and your offers. But, it’s also important to understand that every video is not created equal. Even for those who are familiar with visual content, there are several common mistakes to avoid in the creation of social media videos.
Try to get to the point – Failing to communicate in a clear, concise manner is the biggest mistake in most social media videos. Stay on topic, and don’t give the audience time to think. Keep it simple, and stick to the visual image of your brand. A whiteboard is the best way to communicate with a visual message. Keep in mind that your audience needs a few seconds to digest your information.
Simply put, a social media video is a 60 seconds video produced and uploaded on a social media account. The reason for the length is that customers, rather than just passive viewers, want to be involved. This requires at least some form of editing and brand promotion.
The use of social media can enhance customer experiences, educate, inform, entertain, promote, provide recommendations and participate in activities. The social media video format is ideal for a wide range of everyday uses and uses for brands because it enables consumers to communicate directly with the company. And, there is much for brands to capture on video.
Social media videos are usually longer than a traditional advertisement, ranging from 90 seconds to over 5 minutes. Typically, social media videos must be played on social media and have a shareable title. When looking for a top social media video publishing platform, consider these:
- platforms that have a user-friendly design,
- easy video uploading, and
- fewer videos to watch time.
Social videos with the greatest engagement must-have features for video editing. Podcasts or YouTube Videos? Podcasts have grown tremendously over the last decade, with over 165 million active monthly podcast listeners. Online videos with over 40 million daily active users and nearly 2 million paid subscribers are also very popular.
The Benefits Of Social Media Videos
Though it’s hard to underestimate the power of a well-produced video, there are a number of benefits that videos can provide for your business. Social Marketing Potential – Social media videos can provide an immediate platform for boosting brand visibility. This, in turn, drives revenue for businesses. In 2013, 52% of online video traffic was earned by Facebook, and 30% by Google+. This trend is continuing, and by 2020, experts predict that video consumption will reach 17 billion minutes per month. Videos are the most engaging way to share information with your target audience, and on social media, this generates strong engagement.
So, what exactly is so great about social media videos?
- Increased engagement: Videos usually feature a lot of energy and passion, leading to better engagement rates and conversions. Companies use these videos to generate an interactive and inviting interaction with their consumers.
- Video is a powerful content format: If done well, they are effective tools to gain greater attention and engagement for your brand’s content. This, in turn, increases brand visibility and builds brand equity and reputation.
- Videos usually feature a lot of energy and passion, leading to better engagement rates and conversions. Companies use these videos to generate an interactive and inviting interaction with their consumers.
It goes without saying that social media video marketing can benefit every brand, and so what is the best way to leverage these videos in your marketing campaign?
- Keep it short and sweet – Since videos can be watched by a much wider audience compared to articles or blog posts, being short and concise on your video will make you stand out from the rest. You do not have to go into hours of footage to be effective with your videos, as long as you stay on topic, keep your message clear, and keep your editing and presenting skills in top form.
- Use unique styles, visuals, and editing styles – It is beneficial to include visuals and video titles in your video marketing strategy.
What To Do Before You Create Your Video
Be sure to think through your strategy and content before creating a video. Depending on the type of video you have in mind, this can range from a simple demonstration to a more complex product commercial. For example, a product demonstration is an important part of any marketing campaign, but your video will have to stand out from the crowd.
So, before you shoot the video, you should have a clear goal in mind and know what your message will be. The best thing you can do to stand out from the competition is to create a signature brand identity. It’s not enough to simply make videos to promote your brand, your voice, and your personality. You need to act with integrity and credibility by presenting your brand as you want to be perceived by your audience.
The key to creating an amazing social media video is to focus on your market. Ask yourself why your customers are going to visit your website in the first place. Are they searching for a product? Or are they in the market for a service? If you know why you are marketing to the clientele, you are much better able to market to them in a format that is most engaging.
Before you create your first video, you should know what your customers are looking for on social media. If they're searching for a product, try to generate some keyword terms that are relevant to your product. This could include the colour of the product, some special features, or the product name.
Getting the “feel” of video for social media marketing is essential. They should be enjoyable and offer value. You should consider the purpose of your video, the audience, their main points or wants, the social context or your brand position, and when to post it. Getting to that “go live” moment is key. With the right planning and a little social media magic, the video marketing process can be a lot easier. Here are the main social media platforms that you can promote videos to:
- Snapchat, and
To encourage your audience to share your video and get additional exposure, make sure to provide a link back to your website or a landing page.
What Should You Include In Your Video?
When starting your own social media video marketing strategy, it’s important, to begin with, your brand and mission statements and what you offer your customers. It’s easy to use your images and text to start your video, but creating a video that helps your audience understand your brand, deliver your message, or inform them, might require some research and the use of videos-editing software.
If you can’t afford to hire an editing firm, make sure you find a friend or family member with a digital video editing program and a phone or tablet to create a series of short clips for you. One of the videos that best provide value to your audience is a tutorial or a short how-to tutorial for doing something.
It’s important to research the demographics of your ideal audience before you begin. Are they on mobile? Desktop? Online? Social? Determine which platforms are most applicable to you and create a video strategy for each platform. The right question to ask is: Do I have enough to talk about without putting it all on one video? Is it a short clip, or will it need to be longer? Your video should follow this formula:
- Introduce the topic of your video and your audience
- Show one product or service
- Teach something new, or show something we all already know
- End with the call to action. “Subscribe” or “Buy Now” are good examples.
- Use a frame. The frame can be a frame for your products, a frame for your brand, or a frame of the audience.
This is a broad question. First, you should look at your brand's social and online presence to see what videos are already online. You can review relevant and current videos for your audience. How can you put your audience at ease? Next, you'll want to consider the goals of your video. What do you want to share? Would you like to highlight a product launch?
A new service? The inside workings of your business? As well as sharing relevant information and highlighting why your product is right for your audience, you should do the following: Aim for high production quality. Your video needs to show an immersive brand experience. You don't need to have a Hollywood budget, but you should have a few cameras on hand for recording. Consider keeping it short.
How To Create Your Social Media Video
So, how can you create a great video that makes a lasting impression on your social network? Don’t worry – it’s really not that complicated. Social video making is a series of strategic steps that need to be taken to ensure your video has the right impact. What you’ll need: A video camera, tripod, and accessories. Use of editing software and streaming sites (for example YouTube, Vimeo, etc). There are thousands of social media videos that are currently running.
A video is a highly engaging medium. Just because the company you work for is small, doesn’t mean your needs don’t deserve quality videos. To do so, though, you need to avoid common mistakes. Here are some tips to help you create an outstanding social media video: Know the medium. You need to understand your audience’s preferences and what makes them engage with the content you create.
So, it’s important to first understand the medium you’re working in and what factors shape a video’s success. Don’t forget to capture the narrative. A great video’s story is not only about the product or service you are promoting. It’s about a story that your customers will relate to and that’s bound to excite them. Make your visuals clear and concise.
Editing Your Social Media Video
Of course, you need to have a unique and clear brand story and set of goals for your video before you start. But you also need to set yourself goals for your video editing and marketing efforts: Is the length of the video too short? Short videos, like one to two minutes, may not be adequate to cover the entire story, especially if it’s a product testimonial.
The other problem is that people may be searching for videos of specific lengths. If your video is supposed to be shared on a website for long, a nine- or 10-minute version would be more appropriate. Are you looking for a strategy? If you want to collect 10 testimonials, then make sure your first clip is more than seven minutes long. Don’t forget to include a few clips on the longest video.
What makes it challenging to create high-quality video content for your social media channels? Videos may have a short attention span, so you have to be creative. You also want to ensure your videos are up to date and shareable. Backing up for YouTube – It’s very easy to back up a photo, but backing up a video can be problematic.
The rules for using YouTube and Facebook are the same, and if you upload a video on one platform, make sure you are uploading it on the other. Use your Videos tool to import your uploaded video footage. Before you edit, make sure you backup your videos and music files. Upload your videos to your social media accounts using the Videos tool or your web account. You can then upload your edited video with your music and text files to YouTube.
You have to edit your video first, before adding anything else. Some of the key editing points to remember include:
- Frame structure – If you have a single-page Facebook or Instagram page, you might want to split your video into two or three pages. Each page has a unique layout, and you should ensure that all pages are the same size.
- Focus – Most social media marketing platforms automatically feature captions or subtitles feature. If you don’t have these enabled, you can ensure that they are by adding the captions to the bottom of the video.
- Bringing a voice to the video – This is especially crucial if you are using VoiceOver. To get started, simply open a text file and add the same transcript and voice recording tool you use for creating a text marketing message.
Promoting Your Social Media Video
Several social media platforms now have features that make it easy to get started with video promotion. Facebook – Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms, with 2.29 billion active users as of December 2016. It’s therefore not surprising that almost 50% of marketers plan to invest in a video on Facebook.
The social media platform already has an Instagram Video Studio, which allows businesses to create short and polished videos in less than 30 minutes. Facebook is a great choice for short, high-quality video content since it uses a player format, which allows for smooth scrolling.
When it comes to promoting your social media video, there are key areas to look at. These include promoting your video on social media channels and encouraging users to share your video. When it comes to promoting your video on social media channels, the first thing to consider is which social media channels are most active in your area.
The perfect social media channel depends on the type of video you have created, so it is important to consider the demographics of your audience. Perhaps most importantly, you should consider that a social media video is actually different from a regular video.
Once you've planned your video, it's time to promote it. There are many ways to do this, including:
- Get someone to promote it on their social media accounts. Send it to your social media account owners so they can review it.
- Add a code to your website so customers can share it.
- Create an event or a contest and promote it through your social media channels.
- Placing it on your website. Build a slide deck on LinkedIn and send it to your network.
- Use SEO tactics, such as adding descriptive keywords for videos, to improve ranking. The important thing is to show your customers and potential customers that you value them and want to engage with them.
Are You Tired Of Scams?
Best Practices For Shooting Your Videos
There are numerous ways to shoot videos, as one of the best solutions is to download and install 3D-HDR software onto your computer. However, another way is to use a compatible camera for social media video posting. An option worth considering is investing in professional cameras and equipment.
Professional cameras generally have more advanced features, are more expensive than other models, and are optimized to shoot videos in various lighting conditions. Moreover, professional cameras are expensive, and with such a high price tag, many would prefer to use their smartphones. However, if you are already paying for smartphones, why not invest in a professional camera for posting social media videos?
A great way to get the most out of your video is to make sure that you pay attention to the details, even down to your position. Find the Right Angle – As your head or body is not in the frame, there is no visual continuity. Therefore, you need to maintain the symmetry of the shot to maintain continuity in your storytelling.
The best option is to shoot a video standing on a single stationary platform. For the rest, choose one angle that allows your video to be seen from every angle.
Try Different Locations – When it comes to getting the most out of your video, there are different scenarios that require different conditions. Although shooting a video outside is preferred, it is not always possible. In such situations, you can try shooting it in an indoor setting like a restaurant or bar.
Ideas And Inspiration For Video Marketing
Now, let’s get to the main point: What is a good social media video format for your business? There are several different ways to shoot your social media video. But, of these, the following is the most effective:
- Feature-based (where the content mainly focuses on one thing, such as the main feature of the product/service; or an interesting process/episode) – This style of video is good for brands that want to tell a story.
- Eye-catching (eye-catching visuals) – You can either use still images or create a GIF to make your video more visually engaging.
- Short (from 3 to 30 minutes, depending on the budget and content) – This type of video is a nice way to quickly share information. For many businesses, this is also the most cost-effective method of social video marketing.
- Give videos an artistic look – Some people find videos too simplistic. However, to achieve your video to become a strong asset, consider making it look as professional and artistic as possible.
- Tell a great story – Great video marketing ideas require the help of good storytelling. The problem is that in some cases, people can’t get their heads around the concept of telling a story. It is for this reason that people want someone to give them a “hook”.
- Set out clear objectives – Understandably, not everyone can tell a great story, so you need to set clear goals.
Video content marketing is a powerful tool, as it appeals to a wide variety of audiences and delivers strong ROI. Most videos are engaging and meaningful, which ensures viewers continue watching and sharing them, which leads to increased sales and a visible ROI.
I trust you enjoyed this article about the Top Tips For Amazing Social Media Videos. Would you please stay tuned for more articles to come? Take care!
Want to Learn How to Build Your Own Home-Based Online Business & Start Making Money Online From Your Comfortable Couch?
Your Opinion Is Important To Me
Thoughts? Ideas? Questions? I would love to hear from you. Please leave me your questions, experiences, remarks, and/or suggestions about the Top Tips For Amazing Social Media Videos in the comments below. You can also contact me by email at Jeannette@WorkFromAnywhereInTheWorld.com.