Introduction To My SEOPress vs SEMRush Review
You probably have several social accounts for your business, don’t you? Perhaps, you spend lots of time and money every day to boost your engagement rate. Having several social accounts on social platforms is very advantageous.
- First of all, they rarely charge you.
- In some cases, you pay and get advertised, but it's very effective and influential.
- Second of all, they are very engaging because the content is mainly visual. So, it is interesting for everyone to get online and start browsing. More importantly, you can find everyone on at least one or two of these platforms.
- It means that there is a demand for everything you could imagine. If you are producing very wired and not so popular products, don’t worry!
- There are millions of customers out there waiting to buy your products.
- If you follow social platforms' principles, you will get visibility, reach, and eventually sales. So, as far as we know, social media are great without a doubt. However, I'm afraid it is not all the story.
Why A Business Website? Why Do We Even Need It?
Why do we even need to have a website for our business? Is it indispensable? Don’t we get all we need from social media such as Instagram, YouTube, etc.? Don’t they give us a free platform to express ourselves and boost our businesses? Of course, they have been a crucial part of our economy today. However, there are some disadvantages too. First, you don’t have control over your page.
Social platforms claim that you have the right to use your account as long as you follow the regulations. But they can shut down anyone they like, and you are not able to do anything. All those efforts and time will be wasted when your account is gone.
Although social media are viral and engaging, they don’t give you the credit you should have so that people trust you. That's why we should always think about our alternatives. What could that alternative be? The answer is a website.
A website for your business separates you from your rivals because statistics show that very few of them have it. Businessmen/women have been very ignorant about it because they might think it is tough to run and manage a website. Or, perhaps, they think it will cost a lot to hire technicians to run it for you. Is it really the case? Does a website cost you a lot? The answer is no! definitely not.
Benefits Of Business Websites
You might come across the same question that troubles many businesses. Websites vs. social media, which one is better for my company? Well, both offer many things. Let's see what websites are offering:
- Statistics show that more than 90% of people are looking for local businesses on the internet, not social media. If you have a website, you are more likely to get found and known by potential customers. Or, listen to this.
- Nearly two billion people use the internet to buy their needs. This is like a gigantic supermall! Who doesn’t want to use this opportunity to grow and get seen? This is how you move to lead generation.
- Websites are removers of many barriers in your business. On social platforms, people usually send you a message and want to buy something. They have to wait until you get back online and answer them. By that time, they have switched to another company for sure.
- So, you need something available 24 hours a day. In this way, people from every corner of the world can buy at any time. So, when you are sleeping, people can still buy from you.
- Sales funnel usually occurs in websites because people trust them more as they see every step of their purchase.
- Let's again talk about statistics. Many studies have shown that nearly 80% of internet users see credibility as the most important thing when purchasing online. So, how can a business get credibility? By a professional website!
- Writing and posting helpful articles, letting your users access free resources, and inviting users to follow you on social media are some of the things you can do on your website perfectly. When people feel that you are putting energy and time into your website, they will come for you.
- Also, websites provide valuable marketing information.
- For example, by running a website on the internet, you will collect information such as the number of your visitors, the time visitors clicked on your website, your conversion rate, and bounce rate.
- Thanks to hundreds of analytic tools, you can see your marketing's weaknesses and improve them accordingly.
WordPress! The Magic Of Technology
You might still be suspicious. Running a website with all those complications must have been such a hard task to do. Where to buy it? How to operate it? What if it's hacked? How to create proper content? How often to publish articles and posts? And many more questions.
WordPress is the answer to all your questions. None of those complications and difficulties that people used to run a website doesn’t exist anymore. Why? It's because of WordPress.
WordPress is nothing but simple software that manages all tasks and activities you want to do on your website. Do you want to change the style, design, colour, fonts, and structure? All these possible with WordPress. So, WordPress has been revolutionary to the website developing industry.
Benefits of WordPress
Since the invention of WordPress, millions of people have started their own websites, sharing their ideas or expanding their businesses. WordPress is beneficial and user-friendly. That's why nearly 40% of all websites on the internet are attached to it. So, let's review some of the most prominent advantages of WordPress:
- WordPress is open-source software. It means that, first of all, nobody is going to dominate it. Second of all, a collection of nice and professional developers is working on it today to make it better.
- WordPress is extremely competitive pricing. If you are worried about your budget, it's fine! The prices are never high. Instead, they are very much reasonable. You can buy cheap but effective themes and plugins to get higher traffics and compensate for the money you are spending. We will talk about plugins and themes a bit later.
- You don’t need to know any coding languages to run and manage your website. WordPress had made it super easy and code-free.
- With WordPress, even when you don’t know something about it, you can easily find the answer to your question. This is due to the great popularity of WordPress. Just go to YouTube and search the word WordPress tutorials, and then you are bombarded by thousands, even millions of videos. So, working with WordPress is always doable, thanks to pieces of information out there.
- Plugins and themes do not limit you. Don’t you know what they are? Don’t worry! We will get back to them later. Anyway, you need themes to secure the professional look of your website. Also, you need plugins to add functionality to your website. Thanks to the popularity of WordPress, those thousands of plugins and themes are going to be installed and worked on on WordPress websites very easily.
- Big names in the world are using WordPress! How do you feel if you realize that Microsoft News, Katy Perry, Sweden's official website, and even Mercedes Benz are using WordPress software for running their websites? They indirectly give a high credit to WordPress. Otherwise, why would billionaires use it for managing their websites?
- The flexibility of the WordPress platform is impressive! Perhaps, you decide to have a blog to post articles? WordPress works for you just great as it is a great option for online shops, social platforms, forums, brochure sites, e-commerce, membership sites, landing pages, and many more.
- WordPress is very compatible with Google. What do I mean? Higher ranks on Google and more organic traffic are the direct results of using WordPress.
Themes And Plugins Are Making WordPress Even More Professional!
What do you put into your WordPress website? Content! How should you write it so that it attracts attention? This is a crucial question because good content leads to more traffic, and more traffic means more sales, making you rich. Every one of you must have heard the word SEO, haven’t you? SEO is whatever you do on your website to increase your visibility and get more views and reach.
Everything does matter in a professional SEO. That's where themes and plugins play their roles. Nowadays, there are thousands of them available. Interestingly, most of them are compatible with WordPress. This leads us to SEOPress vs SEMRush as two of the most successful WordPress SEO plugins globally. From now on, we are going to review them.
Let's start with some facts about SEOPress:
- SEOPress offers free as well as paid plans.
- It is well-supported by WordPress.
- This plugin is available in more than 20 different languages.
- SEOPress is popular on WordPress.org with more than 650 advocative and supportive reviews.
- Right now, more than 150 thousand people have installed the SEOPress plugin on their WordPress website.
- With SEOPress, you won't need any other plugins as it does all the tasks you need.
- It is very user-friendly, even for people who don’t have any experience of having a website.
- SEOPress is a white label product! What does it mean? It means that although you are using the service for free, there is no sign of SEOPress anywhere on your website. Everything is customizable, even the logos.
- You are completely safe with SEOPress as it doesn't collect any of your data.
- Ads are annoying, aren’t they? Fortunately, even the free version of the SEOPress plugin doesn’t allow any ads to be shown up in your website's background.
SEOPress has two plans one is named Free, the other one Pro. The pro plan costs $39. It includes one year of updates and support. There are lots of basic tools that are available on the free plan. Things like installation wizard, open Graph, Content analysis, Twitter Card, Google tag manager, and many more. Moreover, in addition to the free plan's basic tools, the SEOPress Pro plan comes with many new features such as Importing SEO metadata from a CSV file, customizing schemas, Dublin core, Google local business, and 404 monitoring. The list goes on and on.
SEOPress, Yoast SEO, And AIOSEO Are Giants Of SEO Plugins
Compared with Yoast SEO and AIOSEO, SEOPress seems to have more features. Let's see what these features are and what they do. Here is a shortlist of all available features on SEOPress but not present in Yoast SEO and AIOSEO. They include HTML sitemap, Dublin Core, Google Analytics, Motomo Cloud, Google tag manager, Google ads, no ads, no footprints, labelling, and intuitive interface. All these features are included in SEOPress for free.
Additionally, some other features are not available on Yoast SEO and AIOSEO. However, you should pay if you want to use them. They include Google Analytics enhanced eCommerce, importing metadata from CSV file, Google structured data types (schemas), Google suggestions, Automatic/manual schemas with advanced conditions, SEOPress BOT – Broken links, Google Analytics Stats in WordPress Dashboard, and many more.
Prominent Features Of SEOPress And Their Uses
Now, let's pick some of these features and explain how they transform your website.
This is very important for people who are running websites where people go and buy online. In the real world, it is a bit hard to track down the behaviour of potential customers. However, this behaviour can be easily measured and shown to the manager so he/she could find out whether something is wrong with his/her products. When people want to buy online, they will go through three basics stages.
They include acquisition, behaviour, and conversion, respectively. Acquisition happens when the visitors click on your website. Then, they start engaging with the website, which is called behaviour. Finally, we have a conversion, which means when visitors decide to become your customers. Google analytics can analyze all these three steps and comes up with surprising findings. You use the information to facilitate the process.
HTML Site Map
WordPress has an XML sitemap which is crucial to get seen on search engines such as Google. However, the HTML site map is also crucial. It basically categorizes all the pages you have on your website. There are a few things you can do with an HTML site map. First of all, it is a page that has links to all your pages. The more internal links you have, the better for your website concerning SEO. Second of all, it has accessibility purposes. With an HTML site map, people can go easier through your website. So, they just click on it and then access everything.
Matomo Cloud (GDPR Ready)
This is another open digital analytics platform in SEOPress. It has more than one million websites and amazingly available in more than 50 different languages. Also, you can download it freely because it's under the GPLv3 license. If you don’t like Google Analytics, you can use Matomo Cloud instead.
You probably know SEMRush as online visibility management and content marketing SaaS platform. Here are some facts about SEMRush:
- There are over seven million marketers who benefited greatly from SEMRush.
- SEMRush is not one or several plugins. It's a company that mainly works on the advertisement, marketing research, etc.
- Over just 12 years, they have come up with nearly 50 different tools to make online competition fair and transparent.
- SEMRush has seven offices in different parts of the world, including three US offices, one in Russia, Czech Republic, Poland, Cyprus, and Australia, with more than 900 employees.
- Some of the largest media outlets worldwide, such as Bloomberg, Business Insider, Reuters, Herald Sun, the Washington Post, and Daily Mail, use SEMRush information.
There are three plans available on SEMRush, including Pro, Guru, and Business. They cost $119.95, $229.95, and $449.95 per month. It's a bit expensive! But their services are amazing. The Pro plan is appropriate for freelancers, startups, and small companies. On the other hand, Guru and Business plans are for growing marketing agencies and businesses with an extensive web presence.
There are five big classes of features in SEMRush. Each class has several subclasses. On each subclass, you will find several tools. The big classes include SEO, Content, Market Research, Advertising, SMM & SERM.
Competitor SEO Analysis
For example, in the subclass competitor SEO analysis, SEMRush will look for all the keywords your rivals use. It gives you the chance to imitate practical keywords for your own brand. Here, you have five tools to beat your rivals. These tools are Organic Search, Keyword Gap, Backlink Analytics, Backlink Gap, and My Reports.
Rank Tracking In SEMRush
Another subclass is rank tracking. SEMRush will tell you how the progress of your ranking has become. Tools that you have here are position tracking, sensor, and ranks.
SEMRush's Local And On-Page SEO
This is another feature provided by SEMRush. All it does here is optimize your site according to the specific and different demands of the place that you live in. Also, on-page SEO indicates that how well your SEO performance is helping your business growth.
This one looks like the affiliate program of SEMRush. How does it work? It allows you to advertise SEMRush on your website and get paid for everything you sell.
Social Media Management
in addition to services provided for the website, SEMRush gives services to the social platform too. It actually lets the owner know how to manage his/her account. It includes posting regularly, using the correct content, exploiting all the features available on social media such as Story, IGTV, etc.
You have seven tools available with SEMRush, including
- Topic Research
- Marketing Calendar
- SEO Content Template
- SEO Writing Assistant
- Brand Monitoring
- Post Tracking, and
- Content audit.
For example, in topic research, you will learn what content, topics, headlines, and questions are the best for your audience. With an SEO writing assistant, you can check whether your content has originality and readability.
Benefits And Disadvantages Of SEMRush
There are many reviews about SEMRush out there. There are both positive and negative points. Here are some of the benefits of SEMRush for your business:
- As we said, it will give you information about your competitors.
- It notifies you very fast when something is wrong.
- Keywords are in both forms, paid or organic.
- SEMRush support is swift and great.
- It has a great vision of new keywords.
- It gives in-depth SEO analysis.
- It is straightforward to use.
- It has all the tools to make strategic communication decisions in just one platform.
- As we said, it is not only SEO. It's a marketing tool.
- It has an error checker in case your web pages are broken.
And, Here Are The Cons Of SEMRush
- The business listing doesn’t get updated often enough.
- Explanations for errors are not very user-friendly.
- SEMRush is more focused on local search.
- Reports could be better segmented.
- More dynamic graphs must be downloaded.
- The cost is high, especially with the smaller companies.
- Email marketing with SEMRush might not be the best thing to do.
- Working with it is not going to be easy. It should be a bit easier to understand.
- It might guess the competitors wrong.
SEO is the base of all websites. Without SEO, you should not get the reach and sales you are looking for. So, plugins, themes, and other tools have been created to maximize your SEO. Here, we first explained why you should have a website for your brand in this long review.
Then, we introduced the benefits of a website for your business. After that, we introduced WordPress as a professional webpage development and content management system and briefly mentioned why it's easy for everyone to have their own website. With WordPress, it all happens freely.
Then, in the second of the paper, we reviewed SEOPress and SEMRush. SEOPRess is more of SEO plugins, but SEMRush does research and provides services about strategic marketing. So, SEMRush has access to thousands of themes and plugins in just one place, facilitating website managing.
However, SEMRush is a bit more expensive and more specific. It has designed to let you know what your competitors are doing and how your SEO performance can beat them. I reviewed the most important features of both platforms. I hope you enjoyed the article. We will come back with more content.
I would love to hear from you. Please leave me your questions, experiences, remarks, and/or suggestions about this review in the comments section below. You can also reach me by email at Jeannette@WorkFromAnywhereInTheWorld.com.
You might also enjoy these blog posts: