Introduction To Our Wix Review
You have probably seen one of their advertisements on YouTube, haven’t you? I'm talking about Wix! You don’t need to be worried about anything! Here, in this article, we will dive into the world of Wix and let you know what it can do for you. Why we highly recommend it to you. Would you like to learn more about it?
It's because we sooner or later are going to need that! To show you the applicability of Wix, let me ask you this question: how do you usually share your ideas on the internet? Or, how do you sell your products or services online? In addition to social media, websites are still among the most useful tools to share what we like.
To put it very simply, Wix gives you the chance to run your own website and reach an international audience. So, buckle up! First, let's have a more focused definition of Wix. Then, we will continue with its features and pros/cons. Finally, we would like to compare it with its competitors in the industry. Let's get started.
Why Having A Website For Your Business?
With all those social accounts you have, is it indispensable to have a website for your business? Aren’t social accounts better? They give you the chance to interact with your customers directly. Well, although social media comes with its great advantages, there are many reasons to believe a website is essential for your business too. Here are some prominent reasons for you:
Online Presence 24/7
You will lose the game to your competitors when you are offline most of the time. A website makes you sure you are not going to lose any customers. It is probable for them to ask some questions when they are visiting your website.
What does a website do? It represents you and your brands to other people. So, you should anticipate their questions. For example, they might want to know when the business is open during the day, where is it located? What are phone numbers for customer services? Who is running the business, and many more questions? Therefore, you can present these pieces of information to them on your website in a very professional way. This is how you start building your community.
Are you delighted with your online presence throughout your social accounts? Or, maybe, you don’t see a necessity to have a website. However, there is a simple reason for that. When all professional world-class brands and companies have a website, what should you do? Exactly, it would be best if you imitated what they have done.
Finally, growth opportunity, customer service online, advertising, getting customer insights, market expansion, and cutting costs are other benefits of running a website for your business.
What/Where Is Wix?
Let's begin with a simple example. You want to have a website to buy your products. Or, you might want to have a website to distribute your ideas by posting articles. So far, so good! However, you don’t have the required skills to run or even build your website. If you lack these skills, Wix is perfect for you.
Basically, Wix is a tool that helps people with zero experience in running and building a website to create one on their own. Wix is so controllable and flexible. Also, you can do many different tasks with it. You can easily customize your website for commercial, social, or artistic purposes. Wix is claimed to be the leader in website creation! So, who is running this website? And, when was it established? If you are looking for the history of Wix, I'll suggest you continue reading.
A Short History With Some Basic Information
Wix company was established in 2006 in Israel by Avishai and Nadav Abrahami, and Giora Kaplan. Now, Wix is available in nearly 20 countries, including Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, and the United States. Wix's services include website builder, business management, and web hosting service to put it accurately. Their revenue was nearly one billion dollars in 2019, with nearly 4000 employees in 2021.
Websites developed by Wix can be a recipient of social plugins, e-commerce, online and email marketing, and community forums. This could happen with the use of Wix-developed and third-party applications. You can build your own website with Wix using HTML5 technology. Wix has a variety of templates to make your job even easier.
The picture below is an excerpt out of Wikipedia – You can read more here.
Some Milestones In The Development Of Wix.com
- Flash Editor started working in 2008.
- It has been under development since the first day it started working. Just three years after its establishment, it got one million users.
- HTML5 Editor facilitated-Wix in 2012.
- In 2013, it was equipped with IPO and NASDAQ technology.
- The number of users reached 50 million individuals.
- New Editor was started servicing users in 2015.
- In 2018, another feature called Ascend was available.
Benefits For Everyone
- It gives you a free account to make a website. This website will be entirely customizable for you.
- It has everything inside of it. For example, hosting and building your website are both happening in Wix. So, you don’t need third-party applications or services.
- It is straightforward and convenient to work with Wix, especially for people who don’t have professional skills.
- You don’t need to waste your money on hiring website developers, as it's done entirely free by Wix.
- Even if you are too worried about developing a highly professional website, you can hire a developer to use a Wix code feature.
- Most services are free on Wix. Interestingly, it is not only one, but you can have an unlimited number of free websites on Wix.
Basically, there are three main features provided by Wix.com. These three features include Wix Editor, ADI, and Velo. Also, regardless of your business, you can manage it with Wix.com.
OK, we have already been introduced to Wix.com. Now, let's review the most prominent features. Your business could be involved in Stores, Bookings, Blogs, Music, Photography, Video, Events, and Restaurants. It is amazing. With Wix features, you have the chance to promote your website too. Let's get deep a bit.
- There are nearly 500 designer-made stunning website templates available for you.
- Also, it is extremely flexible, so you can design your website as you wish. Wix doesn’t miss SEO either. It can help you get seen on Google.
- Many people use their smartphones to connect to the internet. Your website on Wix will look nice and elegant on smartphones too.
- Websites have nice gallery layouts to let people enjoy your images, videos, and text.
- In addition to a nice and simple design, you can have more complicated designs such as video backgrounds and scroll effects.
- Unlimited fonts and app market are also available by their Editor.
In addition to the Editor, ADI helps you create a stunning website. Customizing colours & fonts, building SEO-friendly content, and receiving smart tips are all taken care of here.
Velo By Wix
- Advanced web applications are built by Velo, which is an open development platform. Thanks to Velo, creating, managing, and deploying your next web project is going to be very fruitful. In fact, you won't need difficult computing and coding to do so.
- Rapid visual front-end design, unified database management, production-grade runtime, and business & marketing tools are available by Velo.
Other Professional Features
People expect to see more of you when you want to be the best of your business. Let see how Wix helps you to have a professional website.
- To be the best. First, you have to know your website very well. Your site's performance and stats are presented to you to see how it is growing. Then, you can improve your weak points. All information you require here is presented to you by its own analytics.
- To look like a trustworthy brand, you need to have a customized email. This email must match your website domain and brand.
- Web hosting is crucial for the safety and security of your website. Also, it can get costly. With Wix, you won't need to pay for the hosting services because Wix itself covers all.
- If you are running a big brand or company, your customers want to interact with you for sure. Member login is one of the services which makes you able to keep your customers somewhere safe.
- One of the indicators of your brand or company's excellence is the ability to be online 24 hours a day and respond to customers' needs right away. With Wix Chat, you can be there while they are hanging around on your website. It is the best time to invite them for more information.
- You can have all your social accounts in one place with customizable icons. In this way, you will get organic reach by adsorbing followers and users from your original website.
- SSL certification also improves your SEO.
Many experts believe you should not go for Wix because of several drawbacks of it. Here, we are going to share some of these weak points.
- First of all, it is expensive. Although you can have a free website, the features are limited. If you are looking for more features, you have to buy the premium plan. The cheapest plan you can get is 13 dollars. However, you can get the same service from other companies with five to seven dollars.
- Flash is old technology. However, Wix stopped using it only two or three years ago. Now, it's using HTML5 technology, which is nice, but it should have stopped using flash much earlier.
- According to some experts, it has pretty awful SEO, which ruins your advertising potentials.
- They don’t scale. What does it mean? Let me give you an example. If you have a website on Wix and want to leave, it's not going to be easy. This is because they have the whole control of your data. You cannot copy your information on Wix. Therefore, you have to pay all over again for making a website somewhere else.
What Are The Competitors?
Website builders are everywhere. For example, Squarespace, Shopify, Webflow, Square Online, and Carrd are big names in the industry. Every one comes with its own pros and cons. You need to use them according to your needs and use. For example, working with Squarespace and Shopify is a bit hard. Don’t go for it if you are not in the mode to learn how to work with them. If you are customizing your website completely free, Square online is not a good choice because of its limited customization.
As we said, all businesses need to have a website to improve their sales and reach. No one can deny all the positive effects of running a website for your brands. Credibility, direct communication with your customers, cutting costs, and online presence are some of these benefits. There are many more advantages associated with it.
Here, in this review article, we introduced Wix. It is one of the biggest names in the market. It is basically a website developing, building, and hosting service for you. First, it is straightforward to use, especially when you are not a web developer/designer. You can customize your website easily.
Also, there are many options available for you to make it more of your own. However, it might be a bit expensive. Also, SEO sometimes doesn’t work very well. We also introduced you to the main features of Wix, which are Wix Editor, Wix ADI, and Velo. Of course, there are many competitors in the market trying to dominate the market. You should carefully choose one matching your needs and expectations.
I trust you enjoyed this Wix review. Please stay tuned for more blog posts to come. Take care.
I am interested in hearing what your experience is with Wix? Do you have any questions? Please leave your questions, experiences and remarks about this article in the comments section below. You can also reach me by email at Jeannette@WorkFromAnywhereInTheWorld.com.
You might also enjoy the following blog posts: